CHILD CARE / EARLY LEARNING
Early learning resources for parents, information on childcare and play groups.
EARLY START, HEAD START, ECEAP
Early Head Start is comprehensive child development and family support program for low-income infants and toddlers and their families. Head Start is a school readiness program for low income children.
Early Childhood and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is funded and supported by the Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families. ECEAP is a comprehensive early childhood education program to support the healthy development and future success of Washington’s children.
- Inspire Development Center – Head Start and ECEAP
tel: (360) 707-2837 (Burlington)
tel: (360) 428-3993 (Mt. Vernon)
- Upper Skagit Indian Tribe Child Care Center – Head Start and ECEAP
tel: (360) 854-7092
- Skagit/Islands Head Start
tel: (800) 357-9361
- Skagit/Islands ECEAP- Anacortes
tel: (360) 873-8167
SKAGIT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT EARLY K PROGRAMS
Early entry kindergarten programs designed to support children who have not been able to access early learning programming.
- Anacortes IMPACT K-3 Summer Program
Three-week summer intensive to help entering kindergartners become ready for school and provide support to students through third grade
tel: (360) 503-1200
- Burlington School District – Opportunity K
tel: (360) 757-3311
- Sedro Woolley School District – Foundations K
tel: (360) 855-3500