GRANT APPLICATIONS Grants are available to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations operating in Skagit County.
Organizations providing services in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Education: Supporting children from birth to kindergarten and their parents and caregivers
- Income: Supporting financial self-sufficiency and financial literacy for children and families
- Health: Supporting healthy, safe living and healthy choices for children and families
Points are given to agencies that attend our free Logic Model trainings (the application requires a completed logic model, budget, and projected demographics). Points are also given to agencies that participate in the appropriate coalition for their type of service. We require the agency be registered as a nonprofit with the State of Washington as well as registered for charitable solicitations; the agency must be a 501 (c) 3 registered with the IRS as well as provide your current 990 (IRS informational return); have a Board of Directors (names shared with us); and:
- If the agency has gross receipts of $50,000 or less, they are required to submit current Compiled Financial Statements prepared by an independent CPA.
- If the agency has gross receipts greater than $50,000 up to $500,000, they are required to submit a current Review of its finances prepared by an independent CPA.
- If the agency has gross receipts of $500,000 or greater, the agency is required to submit a current Audit of its finances by an independent CPA.
NOTE: Basic Needs and Collective Impact grants will open later in the year.