United Way of Skagit County
Search for a Communications & Marketing Manager
We’ve recently embarked on a new, collaborative approach to support children from birth to kindergarten – and their families & caregivers. Our Bold Goal: By 2025, all Skagit children entering kindergarten are ready to learn! We are proud to roll out the next generation of Welcome Baby, along with a volunteer-led Parent Mentoringprogram and a literacy program called We’re Reading.
We are seeking a visionary marketing and communications professional that can bring United Way’s evolving brand to life; deploy projects that illustrate our mission and work; serve as the face of United Way in the media; and write in a way that excites, engages and motivates the community to take action.
The Communication & Marketing Managertakes a strategic, long-range view—sees the big picture and identifies the wants and needs of the United Way’s diverse stakeholders (donors, volunteers, advocates, community partners, news media, program participants and others). The right person will utilize storytelling techniques topassionately articulate United Way’s message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community.
S/he will brand and promote United Way by framing mission-focused community-building strategies that inspire current and new supporters to join our work.Through our unique brand strategy, s/he designs, shapes and executes a comprehensive, multi-faceted donor and stakeholder plan that supports the organization’s strategy and objectives, builds relationships with key audiences and works to position United Way as the leader in collective impact.
- Develop, implement, and own the annual communications plan. Set goals to enhance the organizational brand and increase engagement
- Work cross-functionally with the Executive Director, Resource Development, Early Learning Impact, and Donor/Volunteer staff as it relates to Marketing and Engagement
- Remain informed of what’s current, new, and next both in the United Way network and in the local community; this role will be responsible for curating innovative ideas on how to consistently elevate our brand with volunteers, donors, partners, business leaders, community members, and other diverse audiences through our digital channels
- Research and write press releases building awareness of our impact, development, and volunteer opportunities. Manage the media list, and distribute meaningful messages to media outlets
- Schedule, write and post monthly e-newsletters, using input from Impact and RD
- Plan, post, and manage social media across all platforms regularly.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and encouraging discussions
- Create engaging multimedia content such as videos (short and long), and/or outsource this effectively
- Prepare power point presentations for events and meetings
- Develop a mix of daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal social campaigns
- Assist with research, copywriting, and materials development, as needed
- Maintain and manage the organization’s image library
- Report monthly analytics to staff for all social media platforms to assess trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Take photos at special events, as requested
A strong candidate will have the qualifications listed below.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, or related field. A combination of education and/or relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirements.
- Significant related experience in social media marketing, digital communications, communications management, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in nonprofits is a plus.
- Effective and engaging communicator both written and oral with a wide variety of partners
- Entrepreneurial and innovative
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Exceeds proficiency in digital platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, Hootsuite or other social media management tool, and other social and digital applications
- Working knowledge of database management, content management systems, and design and web software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Premier
- Proven track-record working with social media in a professional setting
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure, deadlines, and time constraints
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and community
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Current, valid driver’s license; use of a private vehicle; and valid automobile insurance
- Meet the criminal history check review standards
Hiring Range & Benefits: $38,000-40,000 Salary + Full Health/Paid Leave/Simple IRA
Reports to: Executive Director
Apply Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Candidate Review Begins June 1st. Position open until filled.